Thursday, October 28, 2010

House Build


Well what a crazy couple of months (phew).  The house has finally started to take shape; a few weeks behind due to rain (as many a Queenslander will know about that one).   Not complaining as we have so needed it, but its nice to be able to have the roof on &, hopefully, covered by the end of the week.  Fingers crossed!!

As I live in a cyclone area it has to be strong so the brick option was the best.   What I didn't realise until I met with the bricklayer, is that the bricks get filled with concrete, so I should have a nice solid home. Will soon find out in cyclone season with 6 forecast (Oh dear)!!

I am starting to look at how I want to furnish the inside; swanky fabrics & all kind of gorgeous items, budget permitting :) Am choosing my lights at the moment I need a pendant iron one on a chain for my front porch so if any one can find me a nice black iron & glass one, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by & sorry for not being around, I have missed your comments & tried so hard to pop by & see what some of you have been up to!!

I admire so many of you for keeping at your blogs constantly with such inspiration too!

Elaine :)



6 comments:

Thea said...

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what was happening but guessed that you were busy with the build. I'm sure it will be gorgeous once it's all done. And use that Marguerite fabric! x

Felicity said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your little burst of sunshine!

Your house looks amazing and you have done so well in spite of al the rain that we have had to endure.

x Felicity

PS Am thinking of hosting a special carnival for November if you'd like to post more regularly, this might be the thing for you!

x F

Julie-Ann said...

That will be one strong house:) It must be exciting to see the progress. And to be starting the best bit of deciding on all the finishes. Enjoy:)

kayellen said...

Glad to see a new posting sweet Elaine!
check out LampsPlus online...very reasonable lighting vendor....you may find what you are looking for.

Have a lovely week! You are headed for summer?!
I forgot about that..different seasons in your part of the world.

xo
Kay Ellen

Kellie Collis said...

Looks like a really gorgeous house! I can't wait to see it finished. Have a really lovely weekend, Kellie xx

the linen paperie said...

It is looking good, all coming together. Such an exciting time for you!